Featured Press Release:
Breakthrough tool launched at Greenbuild empowers users to radically reduce embodied carbon in buildings and infrastructure
The Embodied Carbon in Construction Calculator (“EC3”) tool delivers the first digitized EPDs for construction materials in a free platform designed to accelerate early adoption across the entire construction industry.
Georgia World Congress Center, ATLANTA – November 19, 2019 – The Embodied Carbon in Construction Calculator (EC3) tool launched in public beta version at Greenbuild today, giving the building industry a powerful means to take action on an area of growing concern: embodied carbon emissions of building materials.
This free, open-access tool, based on the industry’s first database of digitized Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs), will allow architects, engineers, owners, construction companies, building material suppliers and policy makers users to easily evaluate and reduce embodied carbon emissions from construction materials, effectively empowering them to reduce embodied carbon within buildings at scale. …more »
- April 23 – June 11, 2020 | Wood Carbon Seminars
- This is an online seminar series with wood experts answering common and critical questions about the carbon impacts of wood. The seminars will consist of 4 presentations and 4 discussion sessions. These seminars are organized by the Carbon Leadership Forum, sponsored by industry partners, and will be presented by wood experts from research and industry. Sign up to participate in upcoming sessions.
- May 22 | Policy Webinar
- The session will provide updates on local, regional and federal embodied carbon policies in North America. The speakers will share updates on their areas of work and discuss how the attendees can advocate for and support embodied carbon policies in their regions.
- September 8, 2020 | GoGreen Conference Seattle
- For ten years, the GoGreen Conference has been the ultimate sustainability learning experience for business and public sector decision-makers in the Pacific Northwest. In 2020 for the first time, GoGreen features a full track of three panels titled “Decarbonizing the Built Environment,” with speakers focused on both operational and embodied carbon. This track is co-sponsored by and planned in collaboration with the Carbon Leadership Forum.
CLF & Partner News
From an affordable multifamily building to an iconic museum, these projects are designed and built to advance equity, diversity, and...
People from marginalized communities are shockingly underrepresented in the U.S. building industry. It’s past time to change that. by Paula...
The June 2020 issue of The Structural Engineer, monthly publication of the UK's Institution of Structural Engineers, was themed "Climate Emergency:...
Nonprofit is created to scale up the impact of the Embodied Carbon in Construction Calculator In an unprecedented collaboration, five technology...
Living Building Chronicle Interview with Kate Simonen: “COVID-19 Won’t Slow Progress on Embodied Carbon”
by Ken Edelstein - May 26, 2020 Kate Simonen has been a leading voice for reducing embodied carbon in buildings for more than a decade. She tackled...