The following databases report LCA results and can be used by building industry professionals without LCA expertise.
- Quartz Common Products Database, developed by the Quartz Project.
- The Bath Inventory of Carbon and Energy (ICE) database, which provides UK-specific estimates of the carbon and energy impacts of typical building materials.
- Economic Input-Output LCA Database, developed by the Green Design Institute at Carnegie Mellon University.
The following databases require LCA expertise to interpret and implement that is beyond the capability of typical building industry professionals. LCA professionals use these databases to generate the LCA data used in building industry LCA tools.
- Ecoinvent is an LCI database supported by the Swiss Government that can be customized for different regions.
- US LCI Database, developed by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Private companies, e.g. thinkstep developed GaBi LCA software that uses both Ecoinvent and proprietary data.
- Simapro is another LCA professional software that can use Ecoinvent.