Carbon Leadership Network Quarterly Calls
CLF Network Calendar
To add an embodied carbon event to this calendar, send a calendar invitation to email@example.com.
- April 23 – June 11, 2020 | Wood Carbon Seminars
- This is an online seminar series with wood experts answering common and critical questions about the carbon impacts of wood. The seminars will consist of 4 presentations and 4 discussion sessions. These seminars are organized by the Carbon Leadership Forum, sponsored by industry partners, and will be presented by wood experts from research and industry. Sign up to participate in upcoming sessions.
- May 5-8, 2020 | Seattle, WA | Living Future 20 – Sustaining hope within crisis
- The crisis of climate change is bearing down on the places and people we love. Committed to forward motion, our community works quickly to reverse this course even as a widening disaster looms on the horizon. Yet – why do we still show up for the fight every day? What drives us? The data is bleak. The trend lines are blinding. Any sane person would have thrown in the towel. So why do we keep showing up? Hope.
- March 2-4, 2020 | Los Angeles, CA | CarbonPositive’20 Conference and Expo
- The INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE and EXPO provided a “how-to” for rapidly implementing a carbon positive future through mainstream global planning and building design, practice and policy. Sessions, speakers and exhibitors will showcase innovative construction and building materials, advanced technologies, design and planning tools, and practices and policies that dramatically reduce urban development, building sector, and embodied carbon emissions to deliver rapid and pragmatic results. This annual event is open to all, including building sector professionals, architects, planners, policymakers, engineers, builders, developers, academics and manufacturers.
- November 19-22, 2019 | Atlanta, GA | Greenbuild
- September 26-27, 2019 | Chicago, IL | CarbonPositive‘19 SUMMIT, Architecture 2030/Architect/AIA Large Firms Roundtable (AIALFRT).
- The SUMMIT was a one-time invitation event that convened the AIA LFRT and A/E/C firms to establish a collective plan of action for addressing the environmental risks of unprecedented global construction and urbanization.
- October 8-10, 2019 | Nashville, TN | International Living Future Institute Living Product Expo ’19
- Tuesday, October 8, 8am – 2pm: “Beyond Zero: The Future of Carbon-Sequestering Materials“
- October 9-11, 2019 | Oakland, CA | Getting to Zero Forum 2019
- April 30, 2019 | Seattle, WA | Summit for a Carbon Free Future at ILFI’s Living Future unConference 2019
- May 28-30, 2019 | Vancouver, BC | Canada Green Building Council – Building Lasting Change 2019 | “Stop Shying Away from Whole Building LCA!”
- February 27, 2019 | Seattle, WA | Washington Oregon Higher Education Sustainability Conference (WOHESC) | “Opportunities for University Leadership and Action By Administrators, Staff and Students to Achieve Emissions Reductions” (presentation PDF)
- November 30, 2018 | Online | LCA Data and Tools Webinar
- November 16, 2018 | Chicago, IL | Greenbuild
- June 20, 2018 | New York City, NY | Build Positive: A Carbon Smart Building Summit
- June 19, 2018 | New York City, NY | CLF Meeting and NGO Workshop
- September 11, 2018 | San Francisco, CA | Carbon Smart Building Day
- November 9, 2017 | Boston, MA
- CLF-hosted “Whole Building LCA Practice Guide Workshop”
- CLF-hosted “Low Carbon Summit”
- November 8, 2017 | Boston, MA | Greenbuild | “Kicking Carbon for Credits: LEED v4 WholeBuilding LCA”
- March 16, 2017 | Seattle, WA | CERC Applied Research Conference | “Getting to Zero: Reducing the Carbon Footprint of Building Construction”
- September 14, 2016 | Pittsburgh, PA | Living Products Expo | “The Time Value of Carbon, Getting to Zero by 2050”
- May 16, 2016 | Washington D.C. | Concrete Sustainability Conference | “Comparing Concrete EPDs: Motivation, Challenges and Next Steps”
- May 15, 2015 | Atlanta, GA | AIA National Convention | “Materials Matter: Materials and Carbon Emissions”
- May 13, 2015 | Atlanta, GA | AIA/ACSA Intersections Conference | “Testing Whole Building LCA: Research and Practice”
- April 23-25, 2015 | Portland, OR | ASCE SEI Structures Congress | “Integrating Environmental Impacts as another Measure of Earthquake Performance for Tall Buildings in High Seismic Zones”
- October 7, 2014 | San Francisco, CA | American Center for Life Cycle Assessment Conference, LCAXIV | “LCA Methodology and PCR development challenges for structural building materials”
- April 17, 2014 | Portland, OR | Sustainable Structures Symposium | “Life Cycle Assessment Challenges and Structural Materials”
- September 26, 2016 | Tacoma, WA | American Center for Life Cycle Assessment Conference, LCAXII
- “Concrete Product Category Rules: The Intersection of Science, Policy and Practice”
- “Life Cycle Assessment and Buildings Research for Washington State”
- May 2012 | Seattle, WA | International Concrete Sustainability Conference
- “Environmental Product Declarations: U.S. Policy Drivers and Implications for the Concrete Industry”
- “Concrete Product Category Rules: Technical Details and Industry Implementation”
- July 2012 | Nantes, France | International Symposium on Life Cycle Assessment and Construction | “Environmental Product Declarations for Building Materials and Products: U.S. Policy and Market Drivers”
- August 2011 | Toronto, ON | Building Technology Educators Society Conference | “Teaching Building Life Cycle Assessment: LCA in Architecture & Engineering Education”
- June 2011 | Berkeley, CA | International Society for Industrial Ecology Conference | “Life Cycle Assessment in Building Design Process”
Ongoing | 2018-2019 | Online – Embodied Carbon Webinar Series
Access the Wood Carbon Seminars
CLF & Partner News
Introducing Steph Carlisle and Meghan Lewis Today, the CLF announced the addition of two new staff positions to bolster its mission to radically...
From an affordable multifamily building to an iconic museum, these projects are designed and built to advance equity, diversity, and...
People from marginalized communities are shockingly underrepresented in the U.S. building industry. It’s past time to change that. by Paula...
The June 2020 issue of The Structural Engineer, monthly publication of the UK's Institution of Structural Engineers, was themed "Climate Emergency:...
Nonprofit is created to scale up the impact of the Embodied Carbon in Construction Calculator In an unprecedented collaboration, five technology...
Living Building Chronicle Interview with Kate Simonen: “COVID-19 Won’t Slow Progress on Embodied Carbon”
by Ken Edelstein - May 26, 2020 Kate Simonen has been a leading voice for reducing embodied carbon in buildings for more than a decade. She tackled...
Cross-laminated timber building could help fight climate change. But its threat to ecosystems could make it a mixed blessing. by Peter Fairley Last...
The architecture community is abuzz with talk about reducing embodied carbon in buildings. We asked Jennifer O’Connor, president of the Athena...
2020 Husky Green Award recognizes individuals and groups who have demonstrated leadership, initiative and dedication to campus sustainability at the...
Metropolis: Mass Timber Building Puts Spokane, Washington on the Map as a Leader in Carbon-Neutral Building
The project uses cross-laminated timber (CLT) to build one of the nation’s largest buildings to contain zero embodied carbon emissions, validated by...