Engineering News-Record 2019 Top 25 Newsmakers
Kate Simonen: Climate Activist Rallied Industry to Reduce Embodied Carbon
Featured Press Release:
Breakthrough tool launched at Greenbuild empowers users to radically reduce embodied carbon in buildings and infrastructure
The Embodied Carbon in Construction Calculator (“EC3”) tool delivers the first digitized EPDs for construction materials in a free platform designed to accelerate early adoption across the entire construction industry.
Georgia World Congress Center, ATLANTA – November 19, 2019 – The Embodied Carbon in Construction Calculator (EC3) tool launched in public beta version at Greenbuild today, giving the building industry a powerful means to take action on an area of growing concern: embodied carbon emissions of building materials.
This free, open-access tool, based on the industry’s first database of digitized Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs), will allow architects, engineers, owners, construction companies, building material suppliers and policy makers users to easily evaluate and reduce embodied carbon emissions from construction materials, effectively empowering them to reduce embodied carbon within buildings at scale. …more »
- April 23 – June 11, 2020 | Wood Carbon Seminars
- This is an online seminar series with wood experts answering common and critical questions about the carbon impacts of wood. The seminars will consist of 4 presentations and 4 discussion sessions. These seminars are organized by the Carbon Leadership Forum, sponsored by industry partners, and will be presented by wood experts from research and industry. Sign up to participate in upcoming sessions.
- May 22 | Policy Webinar
- The session will provide updates on local, regional and federal embodied carbon policies in North America. The speakers will share updates on their areas of work and discuss how the attendees can advocate for and support embodied carbon policies in their regions.
- September 8, 2020 | GoGreen Conference Seattle
- For ten years, the GoGreen Conference has been the ultimate sustainability learning experience for business and public sector decision-makers in the Pacific Northwest. In 2020 for the first time, GoGreen features a full track of three panels titled “Decarbonizing the Built Environment,” with speakers focused on both operational and embodied carbon. This track is co-sponsored by and planned in collaboration with the Carbon Leadership Forum.
CLF & Partner News
by Andrew Himes, Director of Collective Impact In October I happily joined the Carbon Leadership Forum staff in a new permanent position as Director...
The World Green Building Council’s pioneering report "Bringing Embodied Carbon Upfront: Coordinated action for the building and construction sector...
Published in Buildings & Cities in the Special Collection: "Carbon metrics for buildings and cities" Publication date: September 2020 Authors:...
New WorldGBC report outlines how the Asia Pacific can build back better by tackling embodied carbon in built environment
By GRESB The World Green Building Council launches a new report outlining the climate and business benefits of tackling embodied carbon in Asia...
Introducing Steph Carlisle and Meghan Lewis Today, the CLF announced the addition of two new staff positions to bolster its mission to radically...